Thursday, January 26, 2006

1st month in country.

Well I made it here to lovely Baghdad, Iraq. We got here at the start of the rainy season. That's great!!! We pretty much live in the middle of a lake. All the places they have made living areas, use to be farmland. So they were designed to hold water. Built in the low areas of the Palace grounds. We live in trailers, that aren't too bad. I could definately have it worse. And I kinda think I would rather have it that way, cause that would mean I was out doing the "fun" stuff. But the Lord decided to put me here. I work in a Palace. It's gigantic. Everything is made of marble. All different colors, everywhere. There are chandiliers everywhere too. The one in the main lobby is about 25' tall and about 15' across. It has marble colums that are about 5' thick 3 stories tall and go all around the main lobby. The palace in the middle of a lake, that Saddam use to fish in. There are smaller houses around the lake that are mabey 3 to 8000 sq'. And there's balconies all around the 3rd story you can look out over the lake on.
The Chow Hall's are amazing. There are 2, the Oasis, and the Coalition. They both serve the same stuff, ones just bigger than the other. We have steaks, lobster, crab legs, catfish, some local fish, and assorted veggies about once a week. There's a spagetti bar, taco bar, and salad bar everyday. There are fridges along the middle that have soft drinks, gatoraid, and neer beer everyday for free. There's a juice bar, that has REAL SWEET TEA everyday. There's a smoothie bar and even BASKIN ROBBINS in there that serves 3 times a day.
There is a Pizza Hut, Subway, and Green Bean Coffee house. The coffee place is open 24/7, wich is great for those coffee feins.
In about a month, I'll have internet in my room. Then I'll be able to start uploading pics. I'll have the before and after pics of my trailer. I live in Dodge City North, and it's pretty dreary there. If you know what Phoenix looks like, it's kinda like that. BROWN and gray. We have concrete bunkers between all the trailers, which gives it the brownish gray look. Not very upbeat. But I'm working to fix that in my little area. Pics to follow.
Well that's about it for now. Hope everybody has a great day.
For now, I'm out.
Glenn III

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are in a very unusual place. Enjoy the food and be safe. Know we love and miss you. aunt sherry & uncle tom

Thursday, 26 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear that you're doing well. I've been checking to see if you've posted anything new. Can't wait for the pics. Take care of Casey for me!

Monday, 30 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see where Bell South returned your email. Chris had sent a lot of pictures of Grace so I guess it could not go through. I've cleaned it out so try again. I would love to hear from you. aunt sherry uncle tom

Tuesday, 31 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, If you go outside to cook your steak - be sure it is rare and cooks really quickly!!!! love aunt sherry and uncle tom

Monday, 06 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Little Glenn! I try to check in on your blog every other week. I am glad that you are safe and not "doing the fun stuff". Stay where you are and drink some beer and eat some Pizza Hut. The girls and I are thinking of you - stay indoors!

Sunday, 12 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home